Photo above: Organizing peace conferences in Tehran
Tehran, Tehran Province, Iran: International City of Peace
We welcome Ghasem Rahimi, CEO of Sarbaz Solh, and his colleagues who are establishing Tehran in the Tehran Province of Iran as an International City of Peace.
Mr. Rahimi is the leader of an NGO working with veterans and peace promoters to instill a culture of safety, prosperity, and quality of life in every Province in Iran.
Khaneh Sarbaz Solh Iran, “The House of Iran’s Peace Corps”, was formed with the mindset of an NGO that has a deep insight into peace and friendship, and at the same time puts the use of the ancient experiences of wartime soldiers at the forefront of its work and strives to develop and spread peace to Further development of this border and environment has helped to create a wide horizon beyond peaceful thinking.
“Our history and our glorious literature,” writes Liaison Ali Akhaghi, The CCO of Sarbaz Solh, “are full of stories about peaceful characteristics of the Iranian nation but we are sad to say that none of them are highlighted in international arena.”
“Our NGO, Sarbaz Solh, is the main and the leading peace-oriented NGO in Iran that has managed to extend all activities to all provinces in the country. What is good about this style is that for every local office in provinces, we have assigned a native manager who is completely familiar with the culture, nature and the needs of that territory. We just design the roadmap and action plan and they then try to perform the jobs based on the taste of their local culture.”
Note: Introduction page with information primarily at the time of joining International Cities of Peace. For updates, please contact the liaison.
Sarbaz Solh is the leading registered NGO focusing on peace promoting in Iran. It consists of 2 main types of groups: The Veterans (all the veterans who have the experience of attending the war) and The Peace Promoters (the volunteers to promote and attend the peace campaigns).
To have a glance at what Sarbaz solh does:
- With the aim of developing activities and strengthening relations with different social strata, we have set up official representative offices in 26 provinces and their affiliated cities.
- Accompanied by the Vice Presidency for Science and Technology and the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran, we are about to launch the first innovation and accelerator center for the peace startups called “Solhino”.
- Sarbaz Solh is launching online courses on peace concepts and the development of individual skills accompanied by Universities in Iran.
- Sarbaz Solh has held several national and international peace festivals and congresses within these years with the message of the President of Islamic Republic of Iran and the speeches and attendance of the government ministers.
- In order to help the family economy and to improve the quality of life for the veterans and the peace promoters throughout the country, we are negotiating with entrepreneurs, domestic manufacturers and service providers to hand out noticeable discounts to these honored members and their families.
- At present, an average of more than 1,000 new members are joining us per day across the country, which is planned to increase the number to 5,000 per day over the next year.
- Aiming to introduce the truly peaceful face of the Iranian nation to the whole world, Sarbaz Solh has started to consult with international organizations focusing on peace to hold global events and campaigns along with establishing new offices in different regions. Now it will our pleasure to closely co-operate with International Peace Cities in all its programs to build peace in the minds of men and women in all over the world.
ABOUT SARBAZ SOLH
The House of Iran’s Peace Corps
SARBAZ SOLH is the main and the leading Non-Governmental Organization in Iran focusing on PEACE activities and education.
- A society with sustainable peace, security and welfare where all the citizens are away from any kind of violence against themselves, family, society and the nature.
- A wisdom oriented society that moves toward safety, prosperity and better quality of life.
- Honoring the veterans who have experienced the bitter sides of the wars and try hard to prevent any kinds of social conflicts.
- Celebrating the promoters of peace and friendship
- Active and efficient presence in international events to convey the message of peace and friendship of the Iranian nation to the whole world.
- Designing peace education curriculum, from childhood to adults
- Establishing delegate offices in all local cities and provinces to promote the programs and to register the applicants as the veterans or the peace promoter
- Organizing peace campaigns and events in all cities focusing on peace in the family, school, work, society, environment and nature
- Setting up official offices in other countries to expand the campaigns and to run international events.
- Negotiating with international peace foundations and organizations to exchange experiences, case studies and reports.
Organizing annual seminars to honor the veterans who are active in peace promotions with the presence of government ministers, mayors and municipality managers, army commanders and the local administrators.
The unveiling ceremony of the “Peace” book and the registered logo of Sarbaz Solh
Organizing quarterly conferences on peace focusing on kids, family and society, art, sport, women, youths, etc.
Launching educational courses on Peace
Organizing ECO Peace Conference in Tehran (Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, andUzbekistan)
Setting up official delegate offices in 26 provinces and their affiliated cities.
Launching the first innovation center and accelerator for the peace oriented startups in cooperation with the Vice Presidency for Science and Technology and the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Organizing the medical peace tour (The Peace Bus) for the volunteer physicians, dentists and nurses to have periodic visits of the residents of the deprived areas, free of charge.
Sending the peace mountain climbing team to Everest and presenting the “White Pickaxe” to the Minister of Tourism of Nepal as the peace symbol. It is now kept in the Sports Museum of Nepal.
In order to help the family economy and to improve the quality of life for the veterans and the peace promoters throughout the country, we are negotiating with entrepreneurs, domestic manufacturers and service providers to hand out noticeable discounts to these honored members and their families.
We have now around 100,000 members in Iran that an average of 1,000 new members are joining us per day across the country, which is planned to increase the number to 5,000 per day within this year.
LETTER OF INTENT
ABOUT THE LIAISON
The NGO, Sarbaz Solh emphasizes a team approach. However, Mr. Ghasem Rahimi and colleagues have provided the peace building details on Sarbaz Solh in coordination with all the staff and the local representatives.
Colonel Ghasem Rahimi
– Born in 1976
– MA in Media Management
– Founder of Khaneh Sarbaz Solh Iran
– Head of the think tank in the Army Studies Center
Mr. Rahimi is author of “Peace and NGOs” in Persian. The book contains various branches of peace such as in arts, in sports, in different religions and etc.
To contact or support this initiative:
ABOUT TEHRAN, TEHRAN PROVINCE, IRAN (from Wikipedia)
Tehran is the capital of Iran and Tehran Province. With a population of around 8.7 million in the city and 15 million in the larger metropolitan area of Greater Tehran, Tehran is the most populous city in Iran and Western Asia, and has the second largest metropolitan area in the Middle East (after Cairo). It is ranked 24th in the world by the population of its metropolitan area.
In the Classical era, part of the territory of present-day Tehran was occupied by Rhages, a prominent Median city. It was subject to destruction through the medieval Arab, Turkic, and Mongol invasions. Its modern-day inheritor remains as an urban area absorbed into the metropolitan area of Greater Tehran.
Note: If information or photos used here are copyrighted, please contact us and we will immediately delete the copyrighted material.