BENEFITS OF “BECOMING” A CITY OF PEACE
Join Our Association of Independent Historical and Intentional Cities of Peace
No city is 100% a city of peace. We all endeavor to “become”. International Cities of Peace gives individuals and group, as well as civil governments a chance to focus on creating a community-wide culture of peace.
As an association of cities of peace, International Cities of Peace fosters, encourages, provides resources and tools, and helps network individual peace communities around the world. We are not a funding organization but can point to funding sources. This association of cities of peace provides an easy, practical, collaborative environment for building the worldwide peace community while respecting the individuality of communities.
The following are benefits of establishing an International Cities of Peace organization or becoming an Fearless Community supporting member.
Twelve benefits to starting an International City of Peace initiative
- Information: resources and links to “how to” materials
- Affirmation: membership in a global association
- Connections: alliances with important organizations
- Legitimacy: a higher profile in the worldwide community
- Education: access to exhibits and teaching tools
- Funding Options: links and connections to funders
- Online Learning: video and hard-copy documents
- Online Presence: free website page for your community
- Blog Presence: your city featured in the Blogosphere
- Public Relations: free news releases
- Community: receive and be featured in newsletters
- Database: access to the ICP database for connections
Process: Letter of Intent as first step
Download “Letter of Intent” PDF
Download “Becoming a City of Peace” PDF
Join the Movement as a member of our Fearless Community support group. Our goal is 1000 Cities of Peace by Year 2025. You can help!