An Invitation to Rotarians
If the reason you joined a Rotary Club is to foster safety, prosperity, and quality of life in your community, then this invitation is for you!
A City of Peace Program provides the following:
• A way to engage the entire community and expand Rotary Club membership
• A way to tie all your Rotary initiatives into a community-wide program to foster a culture of peace
• A way to activate all sectors of the community through Rotary: businesses, schools, faith-based organizations, service groups, arts, sports, civic leaders, and others
Together, let us fulfill the dream and vision of the Rotary mission through our Rotary principles as well as the areas of service and focus. A City of Peace Program is easy to start and manage. International Cities of Peace provides many benefits.
How do we define peace? The consensus values of safety, prosperity, and quality of life for all citizens.
- Increased Safety: Freedom from risk of injury, danger or loss
- More Prosperity: Freedom to achieve a good standard of living
- Higher Quality of Life: Freedom to enjoy health and happiness
International Cities of Peace is providing a powerful platform to engage Rotarians in local Rotary Clubs around the globe. These initiatives are building an all-inclusive, non-polarizing network of citizens that can include non-Rotarians working together to advance a culture of peace in their local community.
Many examples of Rotary Clubs working with Cities of Peace.
Here is are a few examples:DOWNLOAD LINK: Rotary/ICP Case Studies in Collaboration
Attached is a Letter of Intent and Signature Page for the creation of a City of Peace. Also attached is a Two-Step Program as a suggestion for building consensus in your Rotary Club and in your community for working toward a City of Peace designation. It is just one approach to establishing a peace city initiative. We hope you are able to form a new Peace Committee or engage a current Committee to begin the process.
Send information to: email@example.com
Thank you for your peace building work. As your colleagues in peace, we look forward to learning more about your individual and organizational efforts toward building a culture of peace in your community.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW YOUR ROTARY CLUB CAN BENEFIT FROM A CITY OF PEACE PROGRAM, CONTACT US TODAY!
LETTER OF INTENT
EXAMPLE OF PROCLAMATIONS — PEACE DAYPeaceDayProclamationWEB.jpg copy
EXAMPLE OF PROCLAMATIONS — PEACE CITY