Awe Nigeria: City of Peace
Soyebi Oluwakemi Abiodun ( Shokesta woman ) C E.O of Shokesta Ent Ltd and founder of Shokesta free heart initiative with her visionary, pro active and charismatic team have declare Awe town as a city of peace in Oyo state south west Nigeria west Africa.
Note: Introduction page with information primarily at the time of joining International Cities of Peace. For updates, please contact the liaison.
ABOUT THE SHOKESTA FREE HEART INITIATIVE
The Shokesta Free Heart Initiative will use Forgiveness to resolve conflict, create initiatives to put peace volunteers in schools, the community, organise peace matches, work to support other organization working on peace, strengthen, education and justice.
To foster peace as a consensus value in Awe town of Oyo state south west Nigeria west Africa . We are going to sensitising ,continuous enlightenment using Radio, TV, etc. Intervention wherever issues arises. Fairness and Justice to aggrieved parties. Inter state ,inter community interaction relationship with security agents. Putting special structure in place for reporting . Quick response to issues ,security agencies to be carried along . Adoption of innovative ideas and technology.
Mission need to advance peace so that we can strengthen ourselves in Awe town, help reduce anti- social behaviours through education ,medical attention to keep fit and on personal hygiene cleanliness is next to godliness ,fairness ,Justice, human rights which must be embedded into Awe town in order to foster social justice ensuring fundamental rights and equity to all.
Through caring, generosity and fairness we are going to provide a cornerstone for attaining a sustainable, vibrant and fulfilling peace community life in Awe.
The Team (from Soyebi Oluwakemi Abiodun)
My team comprising of a human rightS lawyer to enlighten the community on civil and human rights, rule of law, etc. to address challenges of crime, violence and gangs using effective programs, which may include hands-on street outreach and interaction, out of school programs, giving fairness and justice to aggrieved parties.
To be handled by Mathew Adeyemi Enitan. Bsc (hons) Civil Law LL .b. State secretary of the Civil Liberties Organization ( CLO ) and Publisher / Editor in chief Merrytime Magazine.
I also have two women medical matrons on my team to provide succor in terms if rendering free medical attention to the less privileged in Awe town, city of peace. Matron (Mrs ) ibirinade Akinloye from the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta and Matron Mrs. Ogundare from Federal Medical Center Ido Ekiti.
Shokesta free heart initiative team is also going to educate for peace in Awe town, city of peace, in term of peace education from early education to raise awareness to encourage peace in Awe, hold small meetings, organize “Quiz and Debate” in Peace building among the youths and students in various schools in Awe, more so during Summer months to reduce local crime and provide community advancement.
Mr Idowu Sunday Pascal, a senior educational consultant named Zenith Educational Centre, will take care of our educational free service for the Awe city of peace. Mr Sunday Pascal who is an Associate lecturer at the University of Crescent will also provide free adult education to the older generation in Awe town.
Shokesta free heart initiative team will also give free entrepreneurial training to the youths and the women because an idle hand is a devil workshop. Our entrepreneurial training will be on bead making ,soap making ,training on home management for the women by Mrs Julia Ogunjinmi.
On faith based, we have Pastor Adekunle Olajide Samuel from Seed of Christ Golden church to enlightened on why we need to live without conflict or violent or war. He will be coming to give hope and encouragement to children and adult like taking into account that all religious ceremonies are committed to the cause of peace and all these advocate in elimination of war. Also he will work on valuing and considering both oneself and others to live in mutual benefit with our families, our community and in the world.
ABOUT THE LIAISON
Soyebi Oluwakemi Abiodun FIIM, who is the founder of Shokesta Free Heart Initiative and C.E.O. of Shokesta Ent. Ltd a business that is fully registered with C.A.C in Abuja, is a policy advocate, children and youths advocate, a strong advocate of the SDG Goals, simple down to earth, fun loving, capable and pleasant woman with a passion for success. She was trained on Conflict Prevention in 2013 at the Koffi Annan International peacekeeping Training Centre in Accra Ghana.
She was born in Ibadan, her father from idi-Arere, isale Ijebu area of Ibadan while her mother hails from Bigun ‘s compound in Awe Afijio LG of Oyo state. She is the Vice President 1 of a pan African institute of information management Africa; Chief Operation Officer SABA Clinics – Save Africans from Sudden Collapse Initiative ( 2017 – 2030 ) Abuja, Nigeria; Public Manager Youth – Minds Alignment Development Centre Ibadan, Oyo- State; Personal support worker Orphans Corp Abuja; Editor at Child & Green Foundation Port- Harcourt; Group Leader Reliance & Goodwill Foundation ogun- state.
She is a member of the following organizations:
- Member of Africa Transformative leadership forum Abuja.
- Member, Association for Women Rights in Development ( AWID )
- Member , Women’s Enterprise for Sustainability Switzerland.
- Canadian Women’s Foundation, Canada where she leads African Community and other reputable organizations both in Nigeria and abroad.
- Member She Leads African Community,Ghana.
- Member Women Deliver New York ,U.S.A.
- Member Africa Visionary Forum
- Member Development Alternative with Women for a New Era ( DAWN ) in Fiji.
- Member Africa America Business Women forum, Rhode – Island U.S.A.
- Member Fearless Entrepreneurial Women Group Melbourne, Australia.
- Member Ambition Empire U.K
- Member Africa Consultative and Collaborative Research Network ( ACCRN ) ,U .S .A
- Member Kegite Club International ,Worldwide.
- Member Gracious Virtuous Women Group U.K
- Member African consultative and collaborative research network Abuja.
- Member Engaged Citizens Abuja Nigeria
- Student member Peace Operation Training Institute ,Maryland U.S.A. ( POTI )
- South-West Director, Complete Care Foundation by Human Rights Activist, Barrister Aisha Alkali Wakil.
HER COMMITMENT TO South West Nigeria:
Due to her proactive, responsiveness and credibility, she has been saddled with positions of responsibilities, including Secretary Civil Liberties Organization -( the first human rights organization in Nigeria ) ,Ondo- State Branch; Program Officer World Peace Crusaders Movement ( WOPECM ) Ado – Ekiti State .2016; Group leader Goodwill & Reliance Foundation ,Abeokuta ,Ogun- State . 2015 till date; Foundation owned by Rt. Hon. Dimeji Bankole Former Speaker House of Representative.
MERITS AND AWARDS
Soyebi Oluwakemi Abiodun has been accorded recognitions and awards, some of which are;
- Award of ” IYA-IJO ” – Spiritual Women Leader Seed of Christ Golden Church Ibadan ,Oyo-State 2016.
- Award for Distinguished Leadership Award by all Yoruba Youths 2017
- Best in attendance outside Abuja at the African centre for leadership, strategy and development, Apo – Abuja 2017
- Gcfr award Laugh Award 2017 on Youth Leadership & Development by Lagbaja Fatoki Taiye
- Award of Recognition for the Growth ,Development of the Community and Humanitarian by Seed of Christ Golden Church Abeokuta, Ogun State
- A World class change Ambassador for Peace & Humanity by International Anti- Corruption Bureau ( IACB ) Ireland , International Peace Committee for Law ,Justice & Human Rights Bucharest, Romania, The Canadian Health Science Institute ,Canada. SPMUDA India
- She was awarded by the World Peace Institute as the World Epitome of Humanity in March 2018.
- Recently awarded the Championship
award of African Centre for Leadership. Strategy and Developed Abuja.
- Leadership Champion’s Award ( and not Championship’s award ) by African centre for Leadership, Strategy and Development Abuja. It was show case in the Nigeria National Newspaper named Leadership Newspaper dated July 19, 2018.
Oluwakemi is a a policy advocate, children and youths advocate, a strong advocate of the SDG Goals, simple down-to earth, fun loving, capable, and a pleasant woman with a passion for success. She celebrates people’s strength and builds people’s capacities, and makes their lives better. She is a lover of Justice, Peace and Fairness and she is blessed with wonderful children including a set of unisex twins. She loves to dance, cook, play volleyball and loves traveling on the course of humanity and academic excellence.
ABOUT AWE, NIGERIA (from Wikipedia)
Awe is one of the towns in Afijio Local Government Area in Oyo State, Nigeria. The LGA’s headquarters are in the town of Jobele. The postal code of the area is 951.
Nigeria is a federal republic in West Africa, bordering Benin in the west, Chad and Cameroon in the east, and Niger in the north. Its coast in the south lies on the Gulf of Guinea in the Atlantic Ocean. It comprises 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, where the capital, Abuja is located. Nigeria is officially a democratic secular country.
Afijio is a Local Government Area in Oyo State, Nigeria. Its headquarters are in the town of Jobele.
It has an area of 722 km² and a population of 134,173 at the 2006 census. The postal code of the area is 211.
Afijio local government area is subdivided into 10 wards: Ilora I, Ilora II, Ilora III, Fiditi I, Fiditi II, Aawe I, Aawe II, Akinmorin/Jobele, Iware and Imini.
The local government is governed by an elected chairman and 10 councilors elected from each ward.
The towns under Afijio Local Government:
1. Aawe 2. Akinmoorin 3. Fiditi 4. Ilora, 5. Jobele 6. Iware 7. Imini 8. Ore lope
Note: If information or photos used here are copyrighted, please contact us and we will immediately delete the copyrighted material.