Muridke, Pakistan: City of Peace
Welcome to Naveed Hameed and his colleagues as well as the citizens of Muridke, Pakistan: City of Peace. The group’s Faiz Resource Foundation is dedicated to creating and implementing projects to provide education and growth for all the citizens of Pakistan.
“I believe education and awareness,” Naveed said, “lie at the heart of bringing social change at every level of the society and in individual lives of people. Now it’s time to encounter the current scenario of Pakistan by focusing on community, youth, and school going children for capacity building. When they share the core messages of freedom, tolerance, mutual understanding, and diversity with every fiber of their being, we can promote us as a nation we desire.”
ABOUT THE FAIZ RESOURCE FOUNDATION
our vision is to recognize as one of the powerful place and raise the voice of the voiceless, oppressed and neglected people to create an educated, developed, democratic and peaceful society.
The prime mandate of the Faiz is to provide Equal Access to Mass Education and Growth for all to encourage peaceful, prosper and sustainable community.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
• To promote and encourage inner and outer-group (ethnic, cultural and religious) understanding through using different media technologies promoting Peace and interfaith harmony.
• To take initiative of youth capacity building to become better citizens and social workers prompting peace, tolerance and interfaith harmony.
• To publish and produce educational, peace, interfaith harmony and humanitarian literature for awareness, development and to shape public opinion using print, audio and visual Mediums.
• To initiate capacity building programs for new organizations, young leaders, Social worker, community leaders, community influencers, Faith based leaders, Teachers, community contributor and facilitators.
• To educate basic computer knowledge and Media workshops to enhance the skills in IT and Media for youth.
• To provide food, care, shelter and Education to the Children and proactively advocate for their rights.
• To mitigate the effects of poverty by empowering the youth and care-givers with appropriate life-skills through Short Courses, workshops and training’s.
• To setup Women empowerment center to educate and empower women economically through different income generation, training’s and skill development programs.
• To establish and operate institutions and organs such as Social Media Cells, educational & Peace institutions, skills acquisition Foundations and income generation centers towards reaching these objectives to form a Peaceful, prosper and sustainable community.
• To network and collaborate with Individuals, Non-profit Organization and institutions global and local whose objectives are in consonance with the mission and objectives of the NGO.
• To work for disaster risk reduction and disaster risk management activities.
• To work for human rights and development of general people and especially for minorities
ABOUT THE PEACE PROJECT
(Young Peace & Interfaith Ambassadors)
Groom Young Peace & Interfaith Ambassadors for future
“Bringing together young minds from different faith & believes to transform into one community.”
YPIA strives to create an atmosphere among communities in Pakistan where people of all faiths, beliefs and cultures live together as peaceful society.
We want to approach 5000 young minds to make them Young Peace & interfaith Ambassadors in their communities.
Short term goal
I. Educate children and teachers in schools to understand the value of leaving together.
II. Accepting each other regardless of different faiths and beliefs.
Long term goal
I. educating next generation to encounter intolerance, extremism and share peace interfaith building.
II. Establishing peace interfaith schools and institute.
III. Striving to make Peace Interfaith subject as part of curriculum.
IV. Striving to relegalization of the fact to community and representatives that education is best tool against intolerance and extremism.
Letter of Intent
ABOUT NAVEED HAMEED
Born into a lower middle-class family, in Muridke (small village), Dist. Sheikupura, I, Naveed Hameed, am a Peace activist, documentary filmmaker and script writer. I cover emerging social issues for the Pakistani community in the areas of Education, Human rights and Peace & Interfaith since 2008.
When I was in school I saw my young fellows belongs to much more miserable conditions then me, my first immature dream was to work for them and I started to taught them in my hostel life and soon hostel management selected me the Head boy. It was the first chance to observe leadership and uplift the community.
In my College being a student of mass communications, the Kasur incident (where oppressed communities’ houses were burnt) on 29 June 2009 struck my chords for raising my voice for tolerance, peace, and interfaith harmony. I demonstrated that with the help of fellow students through a “Student Documentary Film Project” that ultimately earned us 2 National and Inter-university Awards for presenting this much-needed initiative. This project led to the opportunity of working with PTV and IRC on different projects related to Minority Rights, Peace & Interfaith.
I have been continuously working with different faiths, educational institutes and the non-profit sector. While making different documentaries and working to cover social issues in various capacities, I have been working with Pakistan Television ( National Television), Interactive Resource Center (IRC), SHEDO and Faiz Resource Foundation . With these platforms I promote the various causes I support to bring harmony across the country.
I believe education and awareness lie at the heart of bringing social change at every level of the society and in individual lives of people. Now it’s time to encounter the current scenario of Pakistan by focusing on community, youth, and school going children for capacity building. When they share the core messages of freedom, tolerance, mutual understanding, and diversity with every fiber of their being, we can promote us as a nation we desire.
Currently, working as Founding Executive Director of Faiz Resource Foundation (Education, Youth empowerment, Peace and interfaith Harmony).
For more information please contact:
Naveed Hameed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
ABOUT MURIDKE, PAKISTAN (excerpted from Wikipedia)
Muridke Tehsil was carved out of the Ferozewala tehsil of Shaikhupur District in Punjab in 2005. Dargah of famous saint syed Miran Saaid Muhammad Kazmi is also located at Nehra Thay near village Alla Pur Syeddan, near Narang, Tehsil muridke.
Muridke is a major commercial area near the city of Lahore, Pakistan. It is located at 31°45’35N 73°50’16E and has an elevation of 205 m (675 ft) and is situated on the famous Grand Trunk Road and at the crossroads to Sheikhupura, Gujranwala and Narang Mandi/Narowal.
The economic and social life of the city, which has three police stations and a railway station,Muridke is renowned for its good-quality rice. Tehsil Muridke has a tehsil headquarters hospital at GT road. Its famous agricultural crops are rice and wheat. In 17th October 2005 Muridke became the headquarters of the newly created Muridke Tehsil of Sheikhupura District.
CAN YOUR COMMUNITY BE A CITY OF PEACE? SEND AN EMAIL!